Updated on Apr. 4, 2013. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Toray Plastics (America), Inc. (TPA)
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- I maintain the equipment within the polymerization process. Our history is impressive regarding safety and environmental impact of all associated equipment. We take our commitment to corporate social responsibility (CSR) seriously. We work hard to ensure zero negative impact to our environment. We continue to put out a quality product while keeping our people, the community and environment safe.
- Q2. What does your company do?
- We here at TPA (Lumirror Division) challenge ourselves to be the best. We manufacture high quality polyester films. Our films are marketed to solar films, food packaging and many industrial markets.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- My department is responsible for maintenance of all equipment. This includes troubleshooting/repairs and preventative/predictive maintenance. I’m in charge of maintaining equipment in polymerization, raw materials, Waste Water Department, resin crystallization and distillation process. These processes house several reactors and vessels which have many components linked to them.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- As supervisor, my main emphasis is on safety. After scheduling daily maintenance tasks, I ensure that my workers regard safety as their top priority before, during and after each task.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- Routine maintenance is a necessity. Anything that we can do to prevent injury or down time is always satisfying. I mostly enjoy projects resulting from our employees’ ideas. All proposals seem to always have a positive affect.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- When not at work, I dedicate most of my personal time to my family and my home. There always seems to be someone or something needing my assistance. I enjoy being an important part of my family’s life. I also enjoy doing home improvements. There are the occasional sporting events on television which require me and the sofa to become one entity. Any other idle time is usually consumed by my dog “Ruckus.”