Updated on April 10, 2014. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Customer Service Group
Toray Resin Co. (TREC)
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- TREC has been the host of the Detroit Automotive Summit held among Toray Group companies in Michigan since 2003. My supervisor and I coordinate all of the administrative details for the meetings. Since we have had a chance to sit in on the meetings as the administrative staff, I was able to see how important the TREC Main Office in Michigan presence is.
- Q2. What does your company do?
- TREC does compounding to make resin pellets (nylon and PBT) and sells the products to the molders domestically and internationally. Our main customers are Japan-based subsidiaries.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- It is the Customer Service Group and our daily job is receiving purchase orders, entering sales orders, checking inventory, deciding how to ship, sending certificate of analyses and checking delivery status. This is the basic process. Usually it is more complicated than this if our customers have issues.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- Our company goals are to provide high quality products, superior services, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Regardless of whether they are large customers or relatively small ones, they are always equally important to us.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- When I hear the words "Thank You," I really feel rewarded at work as a Customer Service Representative. These are miracle words that make me feel good inside and so I try to provide better service to my counterparts.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- In my personal life, I'm addicted to ballet. It has been always my dream but I just did not have a chance to have proper training until my mid-thirties. Now I feel so happy that I have "something" that I “get into” this much in my life. Ballet is difficult, I never, ever feel satisfied with myself, but it’s the difficulties and challenges that make me feel that I need to practice and improve more.