Updated on Apr. 7, 2017. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Toray International America Inc. (TIAM)
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- My most impressive work was a completed, accurate forecast that had been delivered to all parties and awaiting the next one. Next was having the satisfaction in knowing that I had done all that was in my power to satisfy my customers.
- Q2. What does your company do?
- TIAM is a trading company for Toray Group’s products in the United States.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- The Ultrasuede Department distributes ultrasuede™ products throughout the world. ultrasuede™ is a suede-texture artificial leather using microfibers, and is animal friendly and recyclable. It is used in the Automotive, Fashion, Furniture and Industrial areas. Very little maintenance is required and with the proper care, it can be enjoyed for a very long time.
I work in the Customer Service. We process orders that are placed by our customers. We ship domestically as well as internationally. I am in charge of many tasks. To name a few, I am the Assistant Manager in the Automotive, I work closely with the General Manager and our mill in Japan to maintain the proper stock levels to supply our customers’ needs. I place purchase orders with the mill and create sales orders for our customers. I process export orders from our US warehouse. I create new item records as needed, etc. I love the flexibility on my job.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- I put a lot of time and effort into the Automotive. The forecast takes a good bit of time. I have to manage it with two Excel files. Those two reports have to be accurate with our SAP system inventory wise. Communicating with the mill is also very important to keep up with the status of the production. We have to make every effort to deliver the goods to our customers on time or in the best time possible. This part of my job is challenging and no two days are exactly the same. I love a challenge.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- I feel rewarded when I receive my check at the end of the month. Other times are when I have that busy, stressful day and get that e-mail or call from someone thanking me for making their day or because of my team’s extra effort, their production line didn’t have to shut down.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- I love people...I love sharing my faith with people who may need a light in a dark place. I like to listen to people who need someone to listen to them. Currently, my husband and I are enrolled in Bible college. It is challenging at times, but so rewarding.
When I am not studying, I love being at the lake. My husband and I enjoy fishing. We fish for crappie, catfish, striped bass, black bass, and anything that wants to bite our hook.
We have two children, four grandchildren and one on the way. We love spending time with family and watching them grow and mature. I love the Caribbean Islands as well.
When I want to relax, I do crafts, decorating, and event planning.