Updated on July 13, 2012. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Tseng Ming Hung
Electronics Materials Dept.
Toray International Taipei Inc. (TITP)
- Q1. What does your company do?
- TITP is a Toray Group’s trading company in Chinese Taipei. It is a company that gives consideration to staff’s daily lives as well as puts emphasis on their work related ideas.
- Q2. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- Our department sells electronic & information materials manufactured by Toray and its Group companies. I am in charge of selling Toray’s liquid crystal materials and Toray Fine Chemicals Co., Ltd.’s DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide). The major clients are liquid crystal and touch panel related companies.
- Q3. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- I mainly put a lot of effort into selling liquid crystal materials. I strive to have more of Toray’s materials adopted for touch panel products.
- Q4. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- I feel rewarded when my family and colleagues recognize my work, process included, regardless of the result.
- Q5. What was your most impressive work?
- What stands out in my memory the most is when the major player of a touch panel supplier adopted our liquid crystal material. This experience of successfully achieving vertical startup, from material certification to mass production, has given me confidence and enabled me to utilize the experience for my sales activity to clients.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- I am enthusiastic about playing golf. Playing golf is a battle against yourself and being in the great outdoors can help discipline your mind. Because I played baseball when I was young, I just love hitting the ball.