Updated on July 14, 2014. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Trong Than Thai
Vietnam TNT Fibers Ltd. (VTF)
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- It was when I engaged in the study of new product development in 2008. The new products had to meet customers’ satisfaction in terms of technical, quality, and productivity requirements as well as delivery schedule. It was also necessary to maintain and stabilize this series of operation process. The work is no longer just work, but has now become my lifework.
- Q2. What does your company do?
- VTF was established in 1995 as a yarn twine manufacturer. Our products are used for fishing net, sewing thread, car carpet. We have supplied both the domestic and overseas markets.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- Production Dept. is in charge of developing and producing new products. Ten years ago I took over as Production Manager and have managed new product development. I had to study a lot about technical matters, quality control, customer requests, etc.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- I have spent a lot of time and effort into developing new products that can survive the increasingly fierce competition and at the same time meet customer requests. Because it takes at least two years of training workers to transfer the product to a factory and to put into regular production so as to provide stable supply of the developed products to the customer, I also place strong emphasis on training.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- After the working day, I am always happy whenever I feel I have fulfilled my job and made myself useful to my customer or my company.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- I enjoy my two children very much: daughter and son. They are my future. When I am not working I spend a lot of time taking care of them in regard to study, joining social activities and, life’s skills.