Updated on July 14, 2014. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Personnel & Administration Division
Toray Advanced Film Kaohsiung Co., Ltd. (TAFK)
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- It took a lot of effort to prepare office space, cafeteria, reception room, meeting room, lobby, etc. in an extremely short time in what was a vast empty space as far as the eye could see of the newly completed company and plant building. When all the spaces became available for use, I felt accomplished and that feeling left me with the strongest impression.
- Q2. What does your company do?
- This May was the third anniversary of TAFK. The company is located in the Kaohsiung Science Park, and manufactures optical film. It has two production lines and the number of employees reached one hundred.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- I am assigned to the Personnel & Administration Division which manages human resources and general affairs, and I focus on operational planning and business development. I am in charge of a wide variety of work including the recruiting and training of full-time employees and temporary staff based on personnel planning, looking after the life of every employee, and handling emergencies.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- For the past three years, the retention rate of the newly hired (operators) was low due to the work environment and the gap between what the operators assumed about the work and the actual work. By thorough prior explanation and enhancing the benefit package, they gradually started building a sense of unity with the company. Thanks to these measures, the retention rate has stabilized.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- Since the company was established only three years ago, the employees come from a variety of companies. Due to this reason, each employee’s way of thinking was based on their former company’s operational structure and as such it was difficult to come to a mutual conclusion whenever we held discussions. Under such circumstances, I feel rewarded when I am able to successfully integrate everyone’s opinion and execute company measures and events.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- Right after the completion of the company building and plant, I seldom went to my parent’s house since there was still frequent construction over the weekend. Now, the working time has greatly stabilized. I can go to my parent’s house in Taichung over the weekend and enjoy taking trips with my family or dining with my friends. Recently, my university had a reunion party and now my family is preparing for my father’s 70th birthday.