Updated on Oct. 8, 2014. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Fiber & Textile Department
P.T. Toray International Indonesia (TIIN)
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- Before joining TIIN, I worked in totally different industries, without knowledge related to fibers and textiles. When the TIIN management put me into the Fiber & Textile Department, I worked hard to acquire basic and necessary knowledge in textiles. Within six months, I was able to translate/interpret the inquiries from both suppliers and customers from Japanese to Indonesian and Indonesian to Japanese, and handle them almost without any problem.
- Q2. What does your company do?
- TIIN is a trading company in Toray Group, located in Indonesia, specializing in providing a variety of goods primarily manufactured by Toray and its group companies abroad for global customers.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- Our department deals with a wide range of business from fiber, yarn, greige to finished fabrics. I am mainly in charge of selling greige and finished fabrics for usage in apparel, material textiles and uniforms mostly to the overseas customers.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- Since I just joined TIIN in April 2013, I put a lot of effort into learning about the products I am selling as well as understanding suppliers and customers’ characteristics, requirements and needs.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- I feel rewarded when the company and my family recognize my work. It is also very satisfying to know the products I am selling can be found in markets/stores.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- I put effort into balancing my life style. I realize that spending quality time with my family, especially with my two little kids, and friends as well as maintaining good health are very important.