Updated on Oct. 8, 2014. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Fariza Bt Zainul Ariffin
Penfabric Sdn. Berhad (PAB)
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- It all began in 2010, and was such a great eye opener for me to be part of a strong and attentive R&D team. I worked along with experts and was the first to explore new feature fabrics. I was engaged in a team to work on a new range of CORDURA® NYCO fabrics. My team and I succeeded in promoting workwear with exceptional high durability and comfort.
- Q2. What does your company do?
- It was established in 1971 and up until now, business in textiles is conducted at the four mills under PAB, a vertically integrated textile manufacturer involving spinning, weaving, dyeing, printing and finishing operations to produce yarn, grey fabric, finished fabric, yarn-dyed fabric (gingham), and grey and dyed yarn for sewing thread.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- The Technology Centre, is in charge of developing, exploring and producing variable ranges of new products. As part of the R&D team, I am the person in charge of conducting trials and getting to know new chemicals that can help with developing new products.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- I put a lot of determination into deciding specification for new merchandise and developing new products and at the same time meeting customer requests.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- I am satisfied knowing that I am working with experts, exceptional intellectual knowledge and experience in textiles and able to take our customers experience to a new range of products fruitfully and successfully. Nevertheless it is the learning process throughout the techniques and ways that are priceless and most valuable to me.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- I would have to say, my number one priority has always and still is my family. I give them my love and attention as much as I can. I also make sure that I find time to spend with my closest friends because they have always been there for me through good and bad times. Keeping myself healthy, working out and finding time to relax is also important to me to keep my life in balance.
Note: CORDURA® is a registered trademark of INVISTA for durable fabrics.