Updated on Apr. 7, 2015. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Toray International (China) Co., Ltd. (TICH)
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- The most impressive work for me was when I was in charge of the sale of PICASUS™, flexible film with metallic sheen. I went to the production site to oversee printing, preforming, and molding, working with experts from Toray Industries, Inc. and expert processors. With the two parties’ teamwork, we finally got the satisfactory design sample for the brand makers. That was really hard, but an impressive memory for me, which will help me a lot during my future work.
- Q2. What does your company do?
- TICH is a trading company, located in Shanghai, China, handling Toray Group’s products including textiles and fibers, and other chemical related products such as film, resin, and carbon fibers.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- I work in Film Dept., handling various film sales for various applications in the world. I am in charge of lithium-ion battery separator film sales in China for smartphones, flat panel computers and electric vehicles, hybrid electric vehicle lithium-ion batteries.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- I put a lot of effort into maintaining existing customers, new customer development, and Chinese market administration. This includes market information collection, price negotiation, and solving problems on the customers’ side.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- When the customers accept our film, and start mass production using our film, and then when I find the final products with our film sold in markets. I feel rewarded at work and feel proud of Toray.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- I have to say that family is most important for me. But during working days, I travel a lot on business, so I can’t see or talk with them directly. So during the weekend or holidays, I spend most of the time with my family, especially with my two lovely kids. We bake, play sports, go fishing, and travel together, to let them know I love them.