Updated on Oct. 8, 2015. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
DL Production Dept.
Toray Medical (Qingdao) Co., Ltd. (TMQ)
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- My most impressive work was the starting-up of a dialyzer factory. TMQ’s dialyzer factory is the first factory of Toray Industries, Inc.’s Pharmaceuticals & Medical Products Division outside Japan. When I initially joined TMQ, I had no experience in dialysis related work and knew nothing about dialysis. So, right after joining the company, I received training at Toray’s Okazaki Plant and learned about dialysis from scratch. After the factory was built, my colleagues and I returned to TMQ to help launch the factory for production by starting-up the clean room and sterilized all the production equipment ourselves. Although two years have passed since then, the production equipment is still our pride and joy.
- Q2. What does your company do?
- Located in the beautiful ocean front city of Jimo, Qingdao, the company manufactures and sells dializer and dialysis machine.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- My department manufactures dialyzers and I am responsible for product quality assurance and quality improvement as a quality assurance chief.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- We work together to reduce the defective rate in order to better the competitiveness of our products.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- It is when the causes of the defects are identified, equipment is amended, and yield is improved. I am filled with satisfaction.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- It is making various trains and pistols using Lego blocks with my son. I also love to make paper crafts myself.