Updated on Apr. 7, 2017. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Quality Assurance Section
Quality Assurance Section
Toray BlueStar Membrane Co., Ltd. (TBMC)
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- The result of our product performance test last year was very good compared to other typical results. A senior colleague of mine, doubting the result, investigated the cause and revealed that there was an input error in the measurement condition. We corrected the value and put the products in storage. The senior colleague’s stance to carefully confirm the test result has taught me the importance of quality assurance and it still stands out in my memory.
- Q2. What does your company do?
- TBMC, a joint venture company between China National BlueStar (Group) Co., Ltd. and Toray Industries, Inc. in Japan, manufactures and sells reverse-osmosis (RO) membrane elements and RO membranes. The company contributes to preserving the environment through creating safe water by combining the technologies of membrane products such as ultrafiltration (UF) and RO used for wastewater reclamation and seawater desalination applications.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- The Quality Assurance Section is responsible for the quality assurance of RO membranes and various element parts that compose the RO membrane elements as well as finished RO elements. I am in charge of testing the various element parts, performance testing of elements, and issuing test reports.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- I put most of my effort into securing the quality of products by checking everything for potential errors, cross-checking the actual test values with product numbers, test conditions, and performance results written on the test report so that I can meet my obligation to the customers. I also put a lot of effort into Chinese-Japanese communication so that we can execute better quality management together with Toray.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- It is when customers become happy with our customer satisfaction improvement measures that we take where U-cup seal, a packaging material that has traditionally been delivered in a separate package, was fitted to the element in advance. The measure has saved the trouble of customers fitting the U-cup seal on to the element and also prevented the U-cup seal from being lost.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- I love to go out to eat or travel with my friends from work and we often do. When many of my friends get together, we share many happy times and also relax. Traveling especially provides a chance to deepen friendships, which also results in creating perfect harmony at work.
Working hard together with my colleagues during business hours and playing together during our days off makes my life rich and colorful.