Updated on July 13, 2012. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Dara Velazquez Padron
Toray Membrane Europe AG (TMEu)
- Q1. What does your company do?
- TMEu is in charge of the distribution of membranes (reverse osmosis (RO), ultrafiltration (UF) and membrane bioreactor (MBR)), antiscalants (an additive injected in water before subjecting it to reverse osmosis) and RO pressure vessels in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Q2. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- My department distributes Toray RO membranes for Spanish OEMs all over the world. My work not only has commercial (sales) aspect, it also includes after sales and technical assistance.
- Q3. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- The commercial part and travel take most of the efforts. However, in case of problems with our products, troubleshooting takes a lot of time.
- Q4. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- I feel rewarded when I receive positive feed back from customers regarding our products and support. Nowadays the competition is tough and it is very satisfactory to have the customer’s confidence regardless of our product price.
- Q5. What was your most impressive work?
- The water business is a very aggressive and fast developing business, where the customer’s needs and the country’s regulations often come much faster than technical developments. This forces us to try to always be at the newest stage of development, which implies a lot of work but at the same time means a challenge for all of us.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- During the week I do not have much time to spend with my family and friends, so in my free time I try to enjoy many things with my husband and two little daughters. In the Canaries we have mostly high temperatures during the year. As our daughters have a lot of energy, we spend most of the time outside (at the beach, trips to the countryside, …), along with friends who have small children.