Updated on July 5, 2013. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Chemical Engineering Dept.
Toray Industries, Inc.
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- The design development of polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) resin manufacturing equipment expansion. It was when the plant I designed, interfolding technologies to improve quality and cost, was commissioned to achieve the performance and quality as was designed. I was beyond moved and felt a sense of achievement like never before.
- Q2. What is your company like?
- It is a place where each and every employee engages in work with passion and a mission to create products that helps society, and a place where realizing this idea is fully supported.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- My department strengthens the baton-passing zone between research & development and manufacturing to create innovative manufacturing process based on chemical engineering. I am responsible for the process development of PPS resin.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- Technological development such as new product development and innovative process creation that look ahead to the process development and commercialization of PPS resin.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- It is when I have played an important role in the success of a project and followed through with it cooperating and negotiating with many people.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- Tennis and golf. I enjoy playing tennis with my colleagues at Tokai Plant every lunch break and every Saturday. We also participate in league competitions for working adults so we practice hard to achieve good results. In regards to golf, I aim to become a low handicapper, doing a round of golf about once a week with my friends from work.