Updated on October 16, 2013. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Toyolac Technical Dept.
Toray Industries, Inc. Chiba Plant
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- For the five years from the second year of my joining the company, I engaged in a new polymer development project, which covered everything from basic examination to facility design and its operation. Through this project, I acquired technical skills and learned how to carry forward work and the importance of building trust and cooperating with colleagues. The experience has formed the foundation of my current self.
- Q2. Please describe about the plant you are working at.
- The Chiba Plant manufactures ABS resin. The strength of the plant is that the plant as a whole can quickly respond to various needs such as process stabilization, yield improvement, introduction of new equipment and new product development since the manufacturing, engineering and technical departments can coordinate effectively.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- The Toyolac Technical Dept. is in charge of the designing process for ABS resin and development of various resin products that use ABS resin. I am responsible for the resin product development.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- It is the development of environment-friendly and highly-functional resin products that utilize polylactic acid (PLA) resin from bio-base polymer.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- It is when a technical issue has been overcome. Moreover, I feel especially rewarded when the client is satisfied with the results gained from overcoming the issue.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- It is playing soccer with my friends from university soccer club days once a month. Also, I put a lot of effort into retaining my physical strength by running every day, etc. so that we won’t be beaten by younger teams. I also enjoy communicating with my team mates about work and family while we drink.