Updated on July 14, 2014. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Ecsaine Production Dept.
Toray Industries, Inc. Gifu Plant
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- It was the upgrading of the manufacturing management system. It was a good experience for me. From the beginning I cooperated with the people in the Information Systems Division to create easy to use formats for workers on site and enable accurate data input as well as ensure data management.
- Q2. Please describe about the plant you are working at.
- Gifu Plant is located approximately in the center of Japan and manufactures film and ECSAINE®, ultra-microfiber non-woven fabric with suede texture.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- Ecsaine Production Sect. manufactures ultra-microfiber non-woven fabric with suede texture used in the fashion field, automobile sheets, etc. I am responsible for behind-the-scene support operations such as managing inventory (data transmission processing), arranging shipments, and manufacturing condition management.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- It is the inventory management. I coordinate the details so that the delivery date requested by the customer is met while comprehending the production status.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- When I am told “Thank you” for the unglamorous, behind-the-scene work that I am in charge of, I feel rewarded.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- Recently, I am into collecting pilgrimage stamps (stamps and inscriptions pilgrims collect from temples or shrines on their stamp books). I like to travel so I collect stamps from temples and shrines across Japan wherever I visit. Since the stamps have completely different designs according to each temple and shrine, I collect them as art rather than for religious purposes. They also serve as good memories of the trip.