Updated on Oct. 8, 2014. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
General Affairs Sect.
Toray Industries, Inc. Ishikawa Plant
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- It was new recruit training. I engaged in the planning and carrying out of a training program that aimed to enable active participation and develop awareness as a member of society. Nothing could please me more than to see the new recruits, although still young and inexperienced, develop “Toray-ness” after completing the training program.
- Q2. Please describe about the plant you are working at.
- The plant globally delivers the world’s most advanced clothing fiber and carbon fiber composite material to companies like UNIQLO Co., Ltd. and The Boeing Company.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- The General Affairs Sect. is responsible for a wide range of operations, such as general affairs, labor affairs, and accounting. The section pursues to create a pleasant and rewarding work environment for employees. I am in charge of employees’ treatment, education, and work hour management.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- I put a lot of effort into training programs which formulates close relationship with employees. I plan and execute necessary training programs to the various layers of employees, from new recruits to experienced professionals.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- I feel rewarded when the employees consult me with their problems even if they are minor. I strive to become more than ever a person that people can depend on in critical times.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- What I put a lot of effort into in my personal life is to visit aquariums in various places. Rarely seen large mammals/fish, like whales and rays, colorful tropical fish, and brilliantly shining schools of small fish swimming together is like looking at a painting. It is the ultimate healing for me.