Updated on July 6, 2015. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Kapton Technology Dept.
Du Pont-Toray Co., Ltd.
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- We faced many difficulties when the film I developed was put through a small quantity prototype maker carried only by E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (commonly known as DuPont) in the United States for film-formatting test, but after the film was rolled up, the local operators cheered joyfully with me, which was a great memory.
- Q2. What does your company do?
- The company manufactures and sells three high performance products: Kapton® polyimide film, Hytrel® polyester elastomer, and Kevlar® para-amid fiber.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- Our group develops polymer for new polyimide film and looks for their new applications. I am responsible for the polymer development group as a group leader.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- I cannot write the details but I focus my effort into developing new polymer and elemental technology that could become "The new foundation to stand on."
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- I feel great joy when a new product take shape using the technology established through past failures and successes with the cooperation of colleagues from other departments.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- It’s watching my two sons play in soccer games and playing futsal with a team composed of mostly friends from my neighborhood. Although I’m not an experienced soccer player, I work hard to learn how to play with my sons teaching me.
Also, because my home is close to the airport and many foreigners live around the neighborhood, I enjoy international exchange through playing futsal.
 Kapton®, Hytrel®, and Kevlar® are registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.