Promote social contribution activities, including those that help foster the next generation and encourage regional development, as a good corporate citizen
Fifth CSR Road Map goals
- Voluntarily pursue ongoing social initiatives emphasizing education, environment, communities, and employees, focused on linking to CSR and in accordance with Toray Group Social Initiative Policies
- Leverage Toray Group strengths and community attributes to support high quality education
The Toray Group considers the building of trust with communities as a foundation for doing business, and has identified community contribution as an issue that is material to its pursuit of social responsibility.
The Toray Group Social Initiative Policies that were adopted in 2005 are based on the corporate philosophy of “contributing to society through the creation of new value with innovative ideas, technologies and products.” The Group will endeavor to meet community expectations by helping to realize sustainable growth, working harder than ever to leverage its resources to effectively plan and implement social initiatives.
Toray Group Social Initiative PoliciesAdopted May 2005
- Based on its Corporate Philosophy of “Contributing to society through the creation of new value with innovative ideas, technologies, and products,” we will contribute to sustainable development of local and global society as a good corporate citizen, while continuously supporting social initiatives among employees.
- We will pursue original programs dedicated to the improvement of social welfare in local communities, international exchange through traditional culture, sports promotion, and especially the advancement of science.
- Using company awards and other measures, we will create a culture that encourages employees to participate in society in constructive ways such as engaging in voluntary activities with an eye to local needs.
- We will examine all marketing and advertising activities from the perspective of social contribution before finalizing them.
- We will contribute funds amounting to about 1% of our consolidated ordinary income to social initiatives.
Priority Areas for Social Contribution