The Toray Group strives to engage in active dialogue with nearby residents in a variety of settings. Some examples of these activities include regular community meetings with local residents, participation in events sponsored by local governments, and inviting local residents to summer festivals held on sporting grounds on plant premises.
- Toray Group companies in Hong Kong participate in the Walk for Sight charity event sponsored by a non-profit organization.
- Toray’s Nagoya Plant holds a business and environment orientation session for local residents.
- Toray’s Ehime Plant hosts a summer festival attended by some 1,100 people, including residents of the local community.
- Employees of Ogaki Fuso Spinning participate in a ceremony at a local shrine.
Participants discuss water and sanitation during a break-out session.
Toray Project Presented as Case Study at Humanitarian Innovation Forum Japan 2016
Members of the Toray CSR Operations Department took part in the Humanitarian Innovation Forum Japan 2016 1 held in the city of Sendai on March 13, 2016. This forum fosters discussion on new forms of humanitarian aid among representatives from a wide array of sectors, including NGOs, corporations, and international organizations.
One of the case studies presented at this year’s forum was a joint project by Toray and the international NGO Operation Blessing Japan under which TORAYSCUE™ compact emergency water treatment units were donated to areas in the Philippines struck by Typhoon Haiyan in 2013. The presentation focused on the preparations and logistics of the project, as well as its significance. At discussions during a break-out session on the topic of water and sanitation, Toray participants became more aware of the expectations people have for the Toray Group to make the most of its diverse technologies to contribute in the field of humanitarian aid.
- 1 Organizers: the NGO Japan Platform, the Japan NGO Center for International Cooperation, the Japan CSO Coalition for Disaster Risk Reduction, Tohoku Gakuin University, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
Toray Group CSR Report 2015 Honored at Environmental Communication Awards
The Toray Group was honored with a Prize of Excellence by the Environmental Communication Awards in recognition of the clear and comprehensible manner in which the report conveyed the Group’s approach to CSR activities. The report presented important data on initiatives implemented in each sector based on the commitment of Toray’s senior management to the medium-term management program and the Group’s CSR Road Map.