July 30, 2010
Outline of the 2010 Toray Shanghai Marathon
|Title||:||2010 Toray Shanghai Marathon
* Official Title: 2010 Toray Cup Shanghai International Marathon
* 2010 Toray Shanghai Marathon is the official abbreviation.
|Organizers||:||China Athletic Sports Association
Shanghai City Sports Federation
|Co-organizers||:||Shanghai Athletics Association, Huangpu District Sports Federation, Jing'an District Sports Federation, Pudong New Area Sports Federation, SMG Sports Channel, and Shanghai East Asia Sports and Culture Center Co., Ltd.|
|Special sponsors||:||Toray Industries (China) Co., Ltd.|
|Support||:||Toray Industries, Inc, .Japan-China Friendship Association|
- Date of event and starting point:
- Sunday, December 5, 2010 (no postponement for rain)
7:30 (Scheduled time) (Full Marathon/Half Marathon Fun Marathon)
Century Plaza, East Nanjing Road, Shanghai City
- Event categories:
- (1) Full marathon (42.195 km / finishing point: The Oriental Sports Center)
(2) Half marathon (21.0975 km / finishing point: The Oriental Sports Center)
(3) Fun marathon (4.5 km / finishing point: Jing An Park)
(1) The marathon will be held in accordance with the latest rules of the IAAF and the rules of the China Athletic Sports Association.
* Doping tests will be conducted in some cases.
(2) Time limits (termination time) and distance (net time)
Fun marathon 1 hour
Half marathon 3 hours
Full marathon 6 hours
(30 km: 4 hours and 15 minutes / 35 km: 5 hours)
(3) A clock chip system will be used in the full and half marathons to record the times. All participants must wear a time chip.
- Awards: [Full marathon / Half marathon]
- Winners’ prize
Full marathon / Half marathon:
1st to 3rd place winners (both men's and women's categories) will each be awarded a trophy, prize money, and a supplementary prize.
Full marathon / Half marathon
4th to 8th place winners (both men's and women's categories) will each be awarded prize money and a supplementary prize.
* All full and half marathon runners who finish within the time limit will receive a certificate of achievement, commemorative medal, and souvenir.
* The amount of the prize money is shown below.
(both men’s and
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 25,000 10,000 7,000 5,000 3,000 2,000 1,000 500 Half marathon
(both men’s and
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 1,000 700 600 500 400 300 200 100
- Prizes for record breakers
- World record breakers (both men's and women's full marathon categories) will be awarded 100,000 US dollars.
- Toray Shanghai Marathon record breakers (both men's and women's full marathon categories) will be awarded 4,000 US dollars.
- Toray Shanghai Marathon record breakers will be awarded 6,000~10,000 US dollars based on their time. Multiple prizes will not be awarded to a single runner. Only the prize with the highest monetary value will be awarded.
- Toray Shanghai Marathon record breakers (both men's and women's half marathon categories) will be awarded 1,000 US dollars.
- Winners’ prize
- [Fun marathon]
- Records/results will not be recorded. Participants will receive a commemorative certificate of achievement.
- Organizing committee:
- Toray Cup Shanghai International Marathon Organizing Committee
Address: 602 East Asia Building, 1500 Zhong Shan Nan Er Road, Shanghai (postal code: 200030)
- Eligible participants:
- - Full marathon: over 20; half marathon: over 16
- Participants should be running long distance on a regular basis.
- All participants are required to present a health certificate and identification, except those who live in Japan.
- No. of participants:
- A total of approximately 23,000 participants are expected to participate in the three categories (full, half, and fun marathons).
- Entry fees:
- Full marathon: 7,000 yen; Half marathon: 6,000 yen; Fun marathon: 5,000 yen
- To apply:
- Entry is possible using one of the following three methods.
(1) Access the Shanghai marathon page through the website of "Sports Entry" (http://www.sportsentry.ne.jp), which provides information on amateur sports events and athletic schools, and make an entry online; or (2) Contact a travel agency for the marathon tour. Applicants who do not have a personal computer can contact the Japan Entry Office for an application form.
- (Japan) <Inquiries regarding the Toray Shanghai Marathon and application>
2010 Toray Shanghai Marathon Entry Office
10:00-17:30 (weekdays only, excluding national holidays)
(Shanghai) 2010 Toray Shanghai Marathon Shanghai Office
TEL: 021-6439-7092(from August 1)
- Application period:
- From Japan: August 2, 2010 (Mon.) - October 31, 2010 (Sun.)
From Shanghai (Full/Half marathon):
1st period: Sept. 1, 2010 (Wed.) - Sept. 27, 2010 (Mon.)
2nd period: Oct 10, 2010 (Sun.) - Nov. 14, 2010 (Sun.)
From Shanghai (Fun marathon): Oct 10, 2010 (Sun.) - Nov. 14, 2010 (Sun.)
*Closed when the number of participants reaches capacity (10,000 runners) even during the above period. However, no limit is set on the number of entries from Japan.