Related Technical Departments
Fibers & Textiles-Related
In the field of fibers and textiles - the foundation business of Toray - our Fibers & Textiles-Related Technical Departments are developing new products and new technologies, creating advanced materials, and conducting technology development to achieve growth in four growth fields (environment / water / energy, information / telecommunications / electronics, automobiles / aircraft, and life science). These jobsites are conducting speedy, efficient development through collaboration with research, development, manufacturing and engineering jobsites both inside and outside Japan. By conducting integrated development covering all phases relating to fiber and textile technology development - including polymerization, spinning, textiles and sewn products - we create the high-functionality, high-quality materials and products the market is looking for, and support the global expansion of our business.
In the field of fibers, we are developing forms such as filaments, staples and nonwoven fabrics, and various materials to suit applications such as clothing and industrial materials, and working to deepen the fundamental technologies which form our foundation.
In the field of textiles, we are focusing on areas such as fashion textiles and functional textiles, and working to develop new technologies and new products which exploit a broad spectrum of technologies ranging from spinning, textured yarn, woven fabrics, knitting, dyeing and functional processing, to sewing and evaluation technology.
- Filament Technical Dept.
- Staple Fibers Technical Dept.
- Industrial Filaments Technical Dept.
- Nonwoven Fabrics Technical Dept.
- Advanced Textiles Development Center
- Textiles Technical Dept.
- Example of electrocardiographic waveform measurements using a garment attaching hitoe®, a highly sensitive functional material that can detect biological signals, in conjunction with a compact specialized terminal. (hitoe® is not a medical device.)
- Side airbag and curtain airbag against side collisions using high-tenacity Nylon 66 fiber
TECHNORAMA weather simulation laboratory, which can recreate the various weather environments of the earth