Updated on Apr. 10, 2012. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Toray Plastics (Malaysia) Sdn. Berhad (TPM)
- Q1. What does your company do?
- We manufacture ABS resin and transparent ABS resin, under the TOYOLAC® brand name.
- Q2. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- The Logistics Department consists of two sections, the Distribution Section and the Warehouse Section. The Distribution Section’s function is arranging shipments, generating commercial invoices, and making documents for legal requirements. The Warehouse Section’s function is handling, storage and inventory management of raw materials and finished goods. So as a Deputy Department Manager of the Logistics Department, I have to manage both sections.
- Q3. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- Developing subordinates and dealing with government authority to comply with legal requirements.
- Q4. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- When I make decisions that lead to good results or positive responses.
- Q5. What was your most impressive work?
- Managing inventory during long festival holidays is always a big challenge. This is due to the drastic increase of about 1,000 tons/day, as sales totally stop but production keeps running as normal. During this period, we have to struggle with limited resources such as space, equipment, manpower and logistics service providers. We will encounter this at least twice a year and so far we have been able to manage without any problems.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- I‘ve tried to lead my family to a healthy lifestyle by joining me in outdoor activities such as cycling and jogging. I have not been successful, however, as my wife doesn’t like the hot weather and my daughters are busy with their “online” friends.
So a lot of effort is still required to get them to enjoy exercising and making it a regular habit, at least on weekends.