Updated on April 10, 2014. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Toray Film Products (Zhongshan) Ltd. (TFZ)
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- It was engaging in work related to Vci-10 (Variable Cost Innovation 10%), a project aimed at reducing variable costs which has been implemented within Toray Group. Variable cost reduction is an essential activity in order to overcome competitors in the extremely competitive Chinese market. It was also very meaningful to learn many things through information gathering such as materials that the competitors use.
- Q2. What does your company do?
- TFZ started its operation in 2003 in the city of Zhongshan, Guangdong Province, China, manufacturing and selling metallized film for capacitors.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- I am responsible for overseeing both the Manufacturing Control Section and the Logistics Section. In the Manufacturing Control Section, I coordinate the allocation of manufacturing machines between the Sales Department and the Manufacturing Department on a daily bases. I am also responsible for aggregating statistical production data.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- I put my efforts into streamlining daily data aggregation tasks needed for analyzing productivity, and Vci-10 activity for variable cost reduction.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- When larger-than-expected variable cost improvement is realized as a result of managing numerous variable cost reduction items and requesting the cooperation of responsible departments.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- Since I haven’t been getting much exercise lately, I try to find time to cycle in the suburb with my son. I feel very good spending precious time with my family and resolving my lack of exercise at the same time.