Updated on Oct. 3, 2012. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Toray Textiles Europe Ltd. (TTEL)
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- I think this would be back in 2005 helping PUMA design fabric, made here at TTEL, which was worn by the victorious Italian team in the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
- Q2. What does your company do?
- TTEL weaves, dyes and finishes polyester and nylon fabrics and sells mainly to the European markets. End uses include automotive, interiors, workwear, coaters and laminators.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- I work in the Sales Department which generates and takes orders from customers to be processed by production. I am responsible for the sales into Germany, Benelux countries and some U.K. customers.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- I hope that I put effort into all the tasks I am given but feel the most effort is needed when launching a new product into the market place.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- When I have achieved the target set for me by customers' orders through my hard sales activities.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- Looking after my wife Clare and 14 year old daughter Abigail. Also a few years ago I took up playing golf which is far harder than I ever thought it would be. However I still keep playing because I love playing and also love the etiquette that surrounds the game of golf. Also I love watching my football team Derby County and believe me, when they are playing poorly this takes a lot of effort to keep going to watch!!!