Updated on Apr. 4, 2013. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Quality and Process Department
Toray Carbon Fibers Europe S.A. (CFE)
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- My most impressive work was to participate—as a newly employed process engineer—in the start up of the first non twisted fiber of Toray in Europe. The strong involvement of several teams, the enthusiasm and the pride of the production people that belong to this project has durably impressed me.
- Q2. What does your company do?
- My company produces carbon fiber—twisted and none twisted—from polyacrylonitrile. Next year, our first production of polyacrylonitrile will start.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- I belong to the Process Section. We are in charge of the good stability of quality and productivity. We are also responsible for technology transfer from Toray Industries, Inc.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- My main effort is focused on selecting priority items as time and resources are limited. In six years, we have switched from two to five lines. The increase of lines means more problems to solve!
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- I feel rewarded when people ask me for technical support and show me their confidence.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- Having three children under the age of three (including twins) and having a full time job is an every day challenge! I put a lot of effort in being well organized to save time for my family.