Updated on Oct. 8, 2015. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Carbon Fibre Department
Toray International U.K. Ltd. (TIUK)
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- I joined TIUK in January 2015, so I am still learning all the different aspects of the carbon fibre and carbon paper business. I believe my most impressive work was helping one of our customers set up a stock system which would help meet the requirements of some important automotive programs.
- Q2. What does your company do?
- TIUK was founded on 1st July 1980 and specialises in three segments of Toray business: carbon fibre, textiles and films.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- The Carbon Fibre Department at TIUK manages sales of carbon fibre and carbon paper for customers mainly based in the United Kingdom. I am in charge of coordinating carbon fibre sales for over 20 customers, which includes handling enquiries, order processing and invoicing, amongst others.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- I put a lot of effort into communicating with customers as quickly and efficiently as possible and making sure their orders are delivered correctly and on time.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- I feel rewarded when I get to meet our customers face to face and we tour their facilities, that is when I can see where all the work we do at Toray is going!
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- Although I have been living in London for more than eight years now, I still put a lot of effort into making the most of what it has to offer. I am always trying to go to as many concerts, art exhibitions, new restaurants, etc. as possible!