Updated on Apr. 10, 2012. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Pharmaceuticals Production Dept.
Toray Industries, Inc.
- Q1. What does your company do?
- Toray is an integrated chemical manufacturer that has widened its field of activities since it started manufacturing rayon in 1926. The company also focuses its effort on developing pharmaceutical products and equipments.
- Q2. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- My department manufactures injectable preparations of FERON®, DORNER® tablets, etc. I am responsible for formulating FERON® as well as product quality control and process management.
- Q3. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- I put great effort into quality maintenance and quality stabilization of products since defects in quality of pharmaceutical products could be harmful to people’s health.
- Q4. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- I feel I have contributed to society providing a stable supply of pharmaceutical products when the manufacturing process, for which I am responsible, has been successfully completed and is handed over to the next step.
- Q5. What was your most impressive work?
- It was facility upgrade. The manufacturing process for pharmaceutical products undergoes rigorous quality control and thus cannot be easily altered. Facility upgrades were undertaken with explicit proof that the process alteration would not have an adverse effect on the product quality.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- I am an enthusiastic sports player. I work up a good sweat with my colleagues playing futsal on weekends which make up for my lack of exercise. Improving is a challenge, but I enjoy the physical activity. I am thinking of starting a marathon and playing golf in 2012.