Updated on April 10, 2014. The validity of this article may expire without notice.
Toray Industries, Inc. Tsuchiura Plant
- Q1. What was your most impressive work?
- It was when I went to the United States to support the commissioning of a new machine at Toray Plastics (America), Inc. (TPA). Not only the work, but also the life I spent in the States stands out in my memory.
- Q2. Please describe about the plant you are working at.
- At Tsuchiura Plant, we manufacture polypropylene film TORAYFANreg; used for such applications as capacitors and industrial packaging materials. Polypropylene film is used as material for a wide range of products.
- Q3. What does your department/section do and what work are you in charge of?
- It is stable production of TORAYFAN®. I am responsible mainly for managing the operation of machines and dealing with problems by cooperating and coordinating with other departments in order to meet the scheduled production volume.
- Q4. What kind of job do you mainly put a lot of effort into?
- I focus on process and quality stabilization so that the customers can use our products with a sense of confidence.
- Q5. When do you feel rewarded at work?
- When the process that I have scheduled runs as planned and production is achieved without issue. Also, when the process and quality problems are resolved.
- Q6. What is it that you put a lot of effort into in your personal life?
- There are various things that I put effort into. Since I like motorcycles, I enjoy doing maintenance on classical motorcycles and riding with my friends.