1. Toray Industries' Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
Customers have no legal obligation to provide their personal information to Toray. However, Toray may not be able to provide services if a customer chooses not to provide personal information. In the case where Toray handles a customer's personal information with the customer's consent, the customer may withdraw such consent at any time. Such withdrawal of consent will have no effect on the legality of Toray's handling of the customer's personal information based on the customer’s consent prior to such withdrawal.
2. Types of Personal Information Obtained by Toray, and its Usage
Toray shall use personal information of the below persons to the extent necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- (1) Personal information of business partners (in the case of corporate clients, their officers and employees)
Type of Information:Name, e-mail address, employer and division, home or work address, telephone and fax number, date of birth, and bank account information
Purpose of Use:
- Execution of transactions (including those necessary for order placement, shipment, billing, deposits, and payments), and other measures related to agreements with Toray, communications, meetings and consultations with Toray, and management of claims and obligations; and
- Notifications and reports to government agencies and organizations, etc.
- (2) Personal information of shareholders (in the case of corporate shareholders, their officers and employees)
Type of Information:Name, e-mail address, home or work address, telephone and fax number, date of birth, number of shares acquired, type and acquisition date, securities account information
Purpose of Use:
- To exercise rights and perform obligations under laws and regulations;
- For the implementation of various measures to facilitate the relationship between shareholders and Toray; and
- For investigations, etc. necessary to ascertain and manage shareholders
- (3) Personal information of recruitment applicants
Type of Information:Name, e-mail address, employer and division, home, school, or work address, telephone and fax number, date of birth, job history, picture, and information included in the resume
Purpose of Use:For contacting and providing information to applicants for employment activities and other measures necessary for recruitment
- (4) Information on users of Toray's website, and customers
Type of Information:Access date and time, time spent on website, customers' operating system, transmitted data quantity, type of access, IP address, domain name, browser information (including version and language setting), name, email address, message content, employer and division, address or work address, telephone number, date and time message is sent.
- When a customer accesses Toray's website using his/her own device, our servers automatically collect certain information generated by browser or device (so-called server log files). The information collected is analyzed in a manner that will not identify the individual.
Purpose of Use:
- Provision of services on the website;
- Ensuring technical operations;
- Investigating and eliminating website malfunctions;
- The provision of goods or services, and the provision, investigation and consideration of information pertaining to goods or services;
- Transmission of Toray's advertising messages, and targeted advertising using Google, etc.;
- Analysis of attributes and behavioral history, etc. obtained by Toray to understand customers' interests, preferences, etc., and the provision of information and marketing communication based on such analysis;
- Responding to customer inquiries; and
3. Personal Information Retention Period
Personal information will be retained for the period necessary to comply with legal regulations and to ensure proper business conduct by Toray.
4. Joint Use of Personal Information
Personal Information obtained from our customers, etc. may be shared with other affiliated companies of Toray Group, as described below, within the scope of the purposes of such shared use as specified below.
Information subject to sharing:
Types of personal information listed in "2. Types of Personal Information Obtained by Toray, and its Usage" above.
Companies with which information will be shared:
Customers', etc. personal information will be used jointly primarily with Toray Group's affiliates listed in the website below.
Purpose of Use:
Purposes of use listed in "2. Types of Personal Information Obtained by Toray, and its Usage" above.
Name or designation and address of the company responsible for the management of the personal information to be used jointly, and the name of its representative:
Toray Industries, Inc. (Please refer to the Corporate Outline for the address and name of representative.)
5. Provision to Third Parties
Toray will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the advance consent of the customer, etc., except under laws and regulations.
6. Security Control Measures
Toray will handle and manage the personal information that it possesses securely as follows:
- (1) Formulation of basic policy
- (2) Establishment of regulations concerning the handling of personal data
Toray has established internal regulations regarding the method in which personal data is handled, persons responsible, and their duties.
- (3) Organizational security control measures
In addition to the designation of persons responsible for the handling of personal data, Toray clarifies the scope of personal data handled by employees and has established a system for reporting to and communicating with the persons responsible in the event that Toray becomes aware of facts or signs of violation of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or internal regulations.
- (4) Human security control measures
Employees will undergo regular training on the security control of personal information.
- (5) Physical security control measures
Toray manages the entry and exit of employees and imposes restrictions on the equipment that is allowed to be brought in. In addition, measures are taken to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing personal data.
- (6) Technical security control measures
Access is controlled to limit the scope of personal information databases, etc. handled by persons in charge. Measures are also in place to protect the information systems that handle personal data from unauthorized external access or unauthorized software.
Regular audits are conducted, with particular emphasis on the security control of our systems.
- Toray's website is secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. This ensures the secure communication and data transfer between browser and server. If your browser is not compatible with SSL encryption technology, please download the latest version of a compatible browser. URLs that start with "https://" indicates that SSL encryption technology is being used.
- (7) Understanding the external environment
When handling personal data in foreign countries, Toray executes security control measures based on the understanding of the systems for the protection of personal information in foreign countries within which personal data is stored.
7. Notice of Breach of Personal Information
In the event that personal information of customers, etc. is accidentally or unlawfully destroyed, lost, altered, or subjected to unauthorized disclosure or access, transmitted to outside parties, stored in records, or otherwise handled in such a way that a breach of security occurs, mechanisms and internal rules are in place to identify and promptly investigate such incidents. If an investigation reveals a breach, etc., Toray will take the necessary actions, such as reporting to the supervisory authority and contacting possible affected persons in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other applicable laws and regulations.
8. Requesting the Personal Information of Customers, etc. (The term “Customer” in paragraph 8 below refers to all persons from whom we collect personal information as provided in paragraph 2.)
Regarding the personal information of customers obtained by Toray, the customer may, within the scope of applicable laws and regulations, request the following: Customers wishing to request any of the below actions should submit an inquiry through the link provided in Paragraph 12 of this Policy. Toray will consider and respond adequately to customer requests in accordance with laws and regulations after undergoing the Know Your Customer procedure.
- (1) Accessing your own personal information: The customers may request confirmation on whether or not their personal information is being stored, and if so, the customer may request disclosure on the personal information in question as well as other certain relevant information such as its purpose of use and category.
- (2) Edits or deletions to your personal information: The customer may request that Toray edit, add to, or delete relevant personal information in the event that your personal information is not factual.
- (3) Suspension of use or deletion of your personal information, etc.: The customer may request Toray to suspend use of, delete, or suspend provision of the customer's personal information to third parties in the event that Toray is using said personal information unlawfully or if there is a risk of harm to the customer's rights or legitimate interests.
- (4) Petition to supervisory authority: Customers may file a complaint with the supervisory authority if, for example, Toray does not respond in good faith.
9. Personal Information of Minors
In conducting business, Toray does not, in principle, intentionally collect nor handle the personal information of minors. However, if it is discovered that the personal information of minors has been collected and handled, appropriate action will be taken in accordance with laws and regulations.
10. Links to External Websites and Third Party Services
Toray may provide hypertext links from Toray Group websites to third-party websites or Internet sources, as below: Toray is not liable for them since Toray has not handled their contents or the privacy policies of third parties to which Toray links. Please carefully read the privacy policies of third parties to which Toray links to find out about how your personal information is collected and handled.
Google Map (example)
Toray uses Google Maps API provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google") on certain individual web pages on our website. This service indicates Toray's location, enabling easier access.
If Google Maps is embedded in a web page, upon accessing the web page, your IP address is sent directly to Google, and cookies are stored. Customers may access https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US to obtain information on Google's data handling at any time, and have the option to opt out.
12. How to Contact Us
For questions concerning personal information handled by Toray, please contact the Personal Information Helpdesk via the below inquiry form.