CSR Activity Report (CSR Guideline Activity Reports) - Communication
Communication with Local Communities
Toray Group creates various opportunities for communication with people who live near its business sites. Some examples include regular community meetings and inviting local residents to summer festivals held on company premises.
In fiscal 2020, most usual events were canceled due to COVID-19, but Toray Group still worked actively to contribute to local communities, mainly by providing support during the pandemic.
- Sponsoring “Let’s Support COVID-19 Fighters! Feeding the Front Line in New York” Project (Toray Industries (America), Inc.)
- Donation of masks and protective suits to local Emergency Management Agencies (Toray Plastics (America), Inc.)
- Donation of a ventilator set to a local hospital (TM Textiles & Garments Limited (Bangladesh))
- Donation of hand sanitizer to the local council (Toray Industries (Malaysia) Sdn. Berhad)
- Donation of masks and disinfectants to the local welfare bureau (Toray Advanced Materials Korea Inc.)
- Donation of masks and disinfectants to nearby villages (Toray Industries (India) Private Limited)